Saturday, October 10, 2009

new beginnings



^^ I HAVE AN APARTMENT!!! it's nice and cute, just perfect. I live with a girl named Dominique. She's Jamaican and is an absolute sweetheart. My parents came today and got me a bed, and some bins and brought me some food and other awesome stuff. I just finished cleaning... TWO HOURS LATER! everything is now put away and in their orderly places. This room actually looks twenty times better than my room at home. It has like a theme. Red, black and pink/orange. Most things adhere to that scheme. It's really nice and feels homey already which I really need it. I really feel like this is sanctuary. My parents like the place and their presence here made it feel homey. Nothing like a mom's touch to liven things up. They gave me a little bit of money, mostly enough to survive if I'm not going home for a week and then enough to get back home. They brought me tons of food so I'm thinking of the money as emergencies only. Honestly, I need to grow up and appreciate my parents. They've been amazing. 


laying down in my bed. =]
all smiles today folks. God is good.
anacaona



1 comment:

latinabella said...

love you new place Mayte. Congrats sis. There's no place like home. :) Aimee

check out my blog at http://latinabellablogspot.blogspot.com/